Linksys Extender RE6350 Browser-Based Setup
Now the setup process that most of the people are using is the CD-Less setup, and that is why the setup has become very easy and sophisticated. Setting up the Linksys RE6350 AC1200 is accessible to every user without any hassle, because of browser-based setup. In browser-based setup, you have to set up the extender, router, router, and the configurational devices using the wired connections. In this process, Ethernet wire has the major role to play as it gives you an errorless setup and installation. The web-browser that you have to use, is not specified by the brand, you can use any one of the browsers of your choice, but that should be compatible and should have the latest version.
Requirements before initiating the setup
- An active and working internet connection.
- WIFI 2.4 GHz and WIFI 5 GHz connection.
- WIFI name and password of your router.
- Security keys, default login gateway.
extender.linksys.com setup with Browser
- Plugin the Linksys RE6350 into any of the centralized power outlets of your home. Wait till the power LED turns solid orange.
- The range extender RE6350 AC1200 must be placed in the midway of your router and dead zones.
- Now you will be connecting to the default WIFI name of your range extender that is “Linksys Extender Setup” for that you have to use a wireless computer or a tablet.
- The wireless computer or the device that you are going to use must receive a strong WIFI signal coming out from the router of your home.
- Open a web spider (web-browser) from your connected device (with the router’s WIFI signal), and navigate the address bar of this web spider to “http://extender.linksys.com” or enter the default gateway “http://192.168.1.1” in the same web-browser, and then hit Enter.
- Press Enter to launch the setup wizard also. Make sure to read the terms and conditions that are required by the “End User Agreement” and then click “Start Setup”
- On prompt, select the WIFI name of your network. For example, “Office2020” etc.
- Enter the login details that carry the username and password “ADMIN” both, will be the same by default. Then hit the option NEXT to get the next level of your extender.linksys.com setup.
- In your network name, the suffix “_Ext” will be added, automatically. If you want to personalize your WIFI network name, password, and security key of your range extender, then follow the next instructions.
- Go to the WIFI bands 2.4 GHz, and 5 GHz of your range extender, and select the frequency band for which you have to change the security options.
- If you want to change the password and the SSID for both the frequency bands, then you have to change them one by one in the same way as you did for the first one, then go NEXT.
- Now, you will see a page with the heading of “Spot Finder” that will instruct you to place your Linksys WIFI extender RE6350 in the right place.
How to place Linksys RE6350 using Spot finder
After finishing your Linksys extender setup RE6350, you will get an option to place the extender with the feature called “Spot Finder”. This is a very important and useful feature for you to place the extender in the right way. Spot finder also determines the strength between your range extender and the router. If your range extender is too close or farther from the router’s range then it will instruct you accordingly to place the extender in a perfect place.
- On the page where you see the heading “Spot Finder” Click the “Find Better Location” key and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you would find the best location for your range extender, then you need to tap the BACK link to go ahead with the next step.
- Now you will be creating and confirming your admin password. For the recovery of this password add an optional hint to the password. Once done save the settings.
How to register with extender.linksys.com
After placing the extender, and creating the admin password for your range extender, you need to register your range extender with the official site of the Linksys extender setup.
- Enter the email address that you want to have for the future updates. To get special offers and further news about the services and offers of Linksys, tick the checkbox before going on to the next level.
- If you have registered your range extender with the Linksys account, then you may skip this option.
- Now your RE6350 will proceed to check the firmware updates. If it finds any updates in the firmware, then it will go for an update else it will pass on to the next step.
- Connect to the WIFI name of the SSID of your range extender, after that click on the next level (Tap on the blue button to go next).
- Now you have achieved the entire setup and configuration for your Linksys RE6350 AC1200 range extender, now take a print out of the settings that you have made.